How Amazon plans to battle Walmart in India

Walmart recently spent billions to get into online retail in India. Now Amazon is going offline in the hope of gaining millions of new customers in the vast market. The e-commerce giant is buying 49% of More, a popular Indian supermarket chain, according to multiple reports in local media. The remaining 51% will be owned by Indian […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Meet Yusaku Maezawa, first SpaceX moon tourist

The first private passenger on a commercial trip around the moon will be Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa   There is now a face and a name for the man who hopes to become the first paying passenger to fly to the moon. The US company, SpaceX, has said Yusaku Maezawa, a Japanese billionaire is its […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Equifax fined by ICO over data breach that hit Britons

Credit rating agency Equifax is to be fined £500,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) after it failed to protect the personal data of 15 million Britons. A 2017 cyber-attack exposed information belonging to 146 million people around the world, mostly in the US. The compromised systems were also US-based. But the ICO ruled Equifax’s […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Nuclear bunkers are the new real estate craze (If things go nuclear, break the bank for a bunker.)

I am trying really hard to make this nuclear bomb shelter feel like a home. The room is small, just enough to fit a bunk bed, a padded bench, a ladder in the middle and an air filtration system, but not much else, not even a toilet. I’m looking for where I could put books, or […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Facebook is setting up a ‘war room’ ahead of Brazil and US elections

The social network also says it removed almost 1.3 billion fake accounts between October and March.   Facebook hopes it won’t be caught off guard when it comes to future elections, like the social network has admitted it was after miscreants abused the platform during the 2016 US presidential election. The company is setting up […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

12 Sites That Will Teach You Coding for Free

There was a time when knowing how to program was for the geekiest of geeks. That’s not exactly the case today. As most entrepreneurs, freelancers and marketers will tell you, learning how to program can help you succeed. Over the past year, I’ve been learning to code. It’s helped me to become a much better entrepreneur — […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

8 Businesses for Entrepreneurs Seeking Success Working From Home

Freelancers are becoming a very important part of the global workforce. The figure climbs daily, as more and more people are opting for telecommuting instead of traditional jobs. Since the recession, people have chosen to indulge in freelance work because the security associated with regular jobs has become almost nonexistent. And nobody wants to put all their […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

The Best Language for Non-Tech Founders to Code Their Own Web App

As a startup, it can be challenging to decide which programming language to use. Considering the plethora of options, it is important that you consider the future scalability and integration of the language you use. You’ll also want to conduct some market research. The goal is to focus on a language that will allow for […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Two-year-olds should learn to code, says computing pioneer

Early start would encourage women to become programmers and reduce gender stereotyping, argues Stephanie Shirley   Children as young as two should be introduced to the basics of coding, according to one of Britain’s most eminent computing pioneers. Dame Stephanie Shirley, whose company was one of the first to sell software in the 1960s, said […]

Be the First to comment. Read More

Wireless in Gaza: the whizz-kids making code not war

Gaza City academy hopes its hi-tech business model will be immune to physical barriers to trade   It’s a scene straight from a Silicon Valley startup. Hot-desking twentysomethings type code into laptops covered with stickers. Retro Pac-Man graffiti and motivational slogans like “DO EPIC THINGS” adorn the walls. Bookshelves are filled with the tech classics: […]

Be the First to comment. Read More